Kathmandu to Tibet Motorbike tour – 14 days
Duration: 14 DAYS, Max Altitude: 3,800M, Best Time: Mid April to September.
We will start our ride from Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal, riding motorbike all the way to Kerung.
Tibet, on the lofty Tibetan Plateau on the northern side of the Himalayas. It’s nicknamed the “Roof of the World” for its towering peaks. It shares Mt. Everest with Nepal. Its capital, Lhasa, is site of hilltop Potala Palace etc.
Detail Itinerary for Kathmandu to Tibet Motorbike tour:
Day 1 : Arrive Kathmandu in Kathmandu International Airport meet welcome assist and transfer to selected hotel in Kathmandu. Over night stay.
Day 02: Test drive, around Kathmandu valley with sightseeing of 4 major, World heritage listed sights. Monkey temple, Patan city, Pashupatinath temple, Buddhnath stupa back to hotel briefing for the trip to Tibet. Personal activities. Over night at hotel.
Day 03: Kathmandu to Kerung (3200m) 166km: Drive from Kathmandu to Border, after necessary border formalities,Cross Border and Drive to Nyalam Overnight at Guest House.
Day 04: Nyalam to Tingri (4300M)-225 KM. Drive to Tingri via Lalungla pass.from where you can enjoy the Beautiful view of Mt Xisapangma (8212m) and Mt. Cho-oyu (8201m) and continue Journey to Tingri O/N at Guest House.
Day 05: Tingri to Shigatse (3950m)- 344 .km. Drive to Shigatse Crossing over the Gyanchula pass (5200M) continue Journey to Shigatse O/N at Hotel.
Day 06: Shigatse to Gyantse (3950m) 90 km: Visit Panchen Lama’s Tashilompu Monastery and Drive to Gyantse, and visit Khumbula stupa and Phalkhor Monastery O/N at Hotel
Day 07: Gyantse to Lhasa (3650m)-261 km. Drive to Lhasa via Yamdrok Lake, and high passes Kora la (5010M) and Kambala (4794M) O/N at Hotel Flora.
Day 08: Two Full Days Sightseeing tour in Lhasa city. Visit Potala Palace, Norbulinka Palace, Jokhang Temple, Sera Monastery, Drepung Monastery and Barkhor Market O/N at Hotel Flora.
Day 09: Two Full Days Sightseeing tour in Lhasa city. Visit Potala Palace, Norbulinka Palace, Jokhang Temple, Sera Monastery, Drepung Monastery and Barkhor Market O/N at Hotel Flora.
Day 10: Drive back to Shigatse O/N at Hotel. (3950m) 351 km
Day 11: Drive to Ronbuk, Visit Ronbuk Monastery O/N at Guest House (230 KM. 4980 m.)
Day 12: Excursion EBC and Drive to Kerung O/N at Guest House (3650M)- 341 km.
Day 13: Drive to Border to Kathmandu (3600 M)-154 km.
Day 14: Free day in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu international Airport arrival and departure service\
- 5 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing with bike
- One supporting Jeep/Van
- All Necessary Tibet travel permit and EBC permit
- Bike permit
- English speaking Tibetan guide
- Accommodation on twin sharing room basis except at guest house with breakfast
- Sightseeing and monastery entrance fees as per itinerary
- Fuel for bike
- Chinese driving licence
- One Mechanic from Kathmandu
- Deposit amount in Chinese custom (Approx $ 1500)
- One Motor bike each as per selection from the list
- International flight tickets,
- Nepal multiple-entry visa fee,
- bar bills, laundry, emergency rescue and personal insurance.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel rescue, insurance, Bike Insurance
- Tips for Guide and Mechanics, Bike gears, International tickets,
- Nepali visa fee, Bar bills, Cold drinks etc
- Repair charge for any physical damage on motorbikes, Personal expenses etc
- Participant’s must Arrive in Kathmandu at Least 2 Days Before tour start Dates.
- International driving license is mandatory. Minimum 4 pax required.
- We suggest to bring your own complete motorcycle gear (helmet, boots, gloves, suit incl.
- We suggest to bring your personal travel insurance, medical insurance,
- Please follow the tour leader’s instructions during the trip.
- Please take care of your own equipment’s and motorbike. City motorbike will not be responsible for any lost of equipment costs for recovery.
For Cost & Booking inquires: Please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.Book Now