Jomsom Muktinath Motorbike Tour
Duration: 7 DAYS, Max Altitude: 3,800M, Best Time: February – June, Sept – Dec.
Jomsom Muktinath Motorbike
Be ready to experience the stark, barren landscapes of Lower Mustang motorcycle tour dotted with Tibetan
Buddhist cultural attractions around Jomsom as City Motorbike offers you an adventurous
motorcycle tour to Lower Mustang.
The Mustang region of Nepal was once an isolated and independent Tibetan kingdom with its rugged
and mystical reputation. It is divided into Lower Mustang and Upper Mustang, and although
they are connected they are quite different from each other. They offer different attractions
for the visitor, in terms of accessibility, landscape, culture, and cost. Since Lower Mustang lies to
the north of the Himalayas.
Lower Mustang is geographically and geologically similar to Tibet. As a section of the Annapurna
region, it takes you to the southern border of the previous Mustang kingdom without high altitude.
If you’re more familiar with the lush green hills and terraced rice fields of other parts of Nepal, then Lower Mustang motorcycle tour will be quite a surprise. Because it doesn’t experience the monsoon, the land is very dry.
The only patches of green you’ll see are irrigated areas of farmland around towns. With spectacular
the big Himalayas, it presents a decade long culture of Himalayan folks.
Mustang tour on the bike is mainly designed for those who want to experience the real life of people
from the Mountains with the off-road adventure in Nepal and able to get pleasure from hot spring at
Tatopani with a gorgeous view of Nilgiri, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and the whole Annapurna region
& Ride to Muktinath temple is an ancient sacred place for both Hindus and Buddhists.
Be ready to experience the Jomsom Muktinath motorbike tour with the Annapurna trekking trail includes
scenic beauties of the different landscapes & the world’s deepest gorge in Nepal.
Video from our recent trip to Muktinath, Nepal (August 14, 2017)
Trip Route to Muktinath:
Kathmandu- Pokhara- Kalopani-Jomsom- Muktinath
- Visit Natural Hot-spring next Kali Gandaki River
- Visit Mustang Valley
- Observation of local culture, people (Gurung, thakalis) & village.
- Visit the hundreds of years of old Monastries.
- Off-road ride through the world deepest gorge Kali Gandaki Gorge.
- Spectacular view of Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna range.
- Apple farm in Jomsom, Mutang
- Visit Holy Temple Muktinath.
The photo was taken in Muktinath 2018
Major Attractions in Lower Mustang Motorcycle tour:
- Kunda (It is believed that negative karma will wash way if we can take a holy dip in this pond)
- Mukti Dhara ( The 108 waterspouts where water flows directly from Gandaki River, it is also believed
that devotees who take a bath to be free from sins and bring salvation)
- Jwala Mai Temple ( A temple produce the small Natural gas)
- Gomba Samba ( A Famous monastery situated near the entrance gate of Muktinath temple.
The photo was taken on the way to Jomsom by Sandy wijaya, Indonesia 2017
Detail Itinerary for Jomsom Muktinath Motorbike Tour:
Day 00: Arrival in Kathmandu:
You will arrive in Kathmandu at the Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM) and you will meet the airport representative.
From there, you will be transferred to a selected hotel in Kathmandu. (Test drive)
Day 01: Kathmandu to Pokhara:
Early morning ride to Pokhara from Kathmandu by bike (6 hrs. 202km.) Overnight at hotel in Pokhara.
Day 02: Pokhara to Kalopani:
Ride to Kalopani (110km). 65km blacktopped. 45km dirt road. Great Mountain views.
Day 03: Kalopani to Muktinath:
Ride to Muktinath (3800m) with a lunch stop at Jomsom 2680m. 68km. 100% Dirt road.
Awesome scenery and landscapes.
Day 04: Muktinath to Marpha to Tatopani:
Explore Marpha first half of the day. After lunch ride down to Tatopani and enjoy the natural hot spring.
Day 05: Ride to Pokhara. (91km).
Day 06: Ride back to Kathmandu. Overnight Stay in Hotel
Day 07: Farewell, Transfer to International Airport departure from Nepal.
- Airport Pickup and drop
- TIMS card (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems) Permit
- ACAP Permit (Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP))
- local staffs (Guide, Mechanics) wages, accommodation, and food
- Spare Parts for Motorbikes
- Motorbike with fuel for the entire trip.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with B / B Plan (Single room with Double bed)
- Hotel in Pokhara with B/ B plan (Single room with Double bed)
- Farewell dinner
- Lunch and dinner & beverages during the entire trip.
- World heritage site entry fee,
- Travel rescue, insurance, Bike Insurance
- Tips for Guide and Mechanics, Bike gears,
- International Airfare
- Nepali visa fee, Bar bills, Cold drinks, etc
- Repair charge for any physical damage on motorbikes, Personal expenses, etc
- Please bring a valid driving license from your country or international driving license, both works here. Since Muktinath is at an altitude of 3,710 meters,
please consult your doctor about your health condition and also send us a copy of insurance.
- Trip Itinerary can be changed according to your request. & Please bring Valid driving
license from your country or international driving license, both works here.
- We suggest bringing your own complete motorcycle gear (helmet, boots, gloves, suit incl.
- We suggest bringing your personal travel insurance, medical insurance,
- Please follow the tour leader’s instructions during the trip.
- Please take care of your own equipment and motorbike. City motorbike will not be responsible for any loss of equipment costs for
STARTING TRIP COST – 1495 USD PER RIDER
(Updated cost-effective from 1st Feb 2020.)
Group: For this trip Minimum 2 riders are required. We can also organize this Jomsom-Muktinath motorbike trip for one rider.
More group you have more discounts on rates.
Feel free to write to us, if you have any questions.
Note: Trip Itinerary can be changed according to your request. Please write to us at email@example.com for more details.
In 2017, we did a trip to Lower Mustang on a motorcycle with Thailand actor Mr. Weir Sukollawat Kanarot.
More photo from our gallery on Facebook:
Experience the motorbike tour to Jomsom with Annapurna trekking trail includes scenic beauties of the different…