Upper Mustang Motorbike Tour – 13days
Duration: 13 DAYS, Riding: Challenging , Best Time: March – June. Sept. – Nov.
Upper Mustang is a hidden paradise of Mustang, which is formerly kingdom of lo and one of the remote and isolated region of the Nepalese Himalayas. Our tour will let you experience the way of life of true mountain people, who were not much in touch with the rest of Nepal for hundreds of years, and even until recent times had an officially recognized king.
The Upper Mustang was a restricted demilitarized area until 1992 which makes it one of the most preserved regions in the world, with a majority of the population still speaking traditional Tibetic languages.
Photo credit: Sandeep Gurung (2016)
- Observation of local culture, people & village.
- Old monasteries and Caves
Photo by Sandeep Gurung (2016)
Photo by : Sandeep Gurung (2016)
Detail Itinerary for Upper Mustang Motorbike tour:
Day 00 : Arrive in Kathmandu, meet our team. transfer to selected hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 01: Full day Sightseeing & Test drive in Kathmandu valley sightseeing by bike,
a) Early morning drive to Nagarkot (For Sunrise view)
b) Visit to Bhaktapur Durbar Square
c) Patan Durbar Square
d) Swoyabhunath stupa,
DAY 02: Ride from Kathmandu to Pokhara (200KM)
DAY 03: Ride from Pokhara to Kalopani. (125 KM)
- DAY 04: Ride Kalopani to Muktinath and Back to Kagbeni (65 KM),
DAY 05: Ride kagbeni to Ghami (7 Hours),
DAY 06: Ride from Ghami to Lo-Manthang ( 6 Hours),
DAY 07: Explore to Lo-Manthang by Walking (3840M),
DAY 08: Ride to Kora La (Tibetan Border) from Lo-Manthang and back.
- Day 09: Ride back to Gilling.
- DAY 10: Ride back to Kagbeni
- DAY 11: Ride back to Tatopani. Natural Hotspring.
- DAY 12: Ride back to Pokhara
DAY 13: Ride back to Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel
- Airport Pickup and drop
- Bike for entire trip
- Mustang Special Permit (Upper mustang restricted area permit USD 500 per person)
- ACAP Permit (Annapurna conservation area permit)
- Tour Guide & Mechanics (Including, Bike, food, salary, accommodation)
- Three meals Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner and 3 Time tea/coffee
- Motorbike with fuel for entire trip.
- Lodge and local house accommodation for entire trip
- Accommodation in Kathmandu / Pokhara ( B/ B plan with Twin sharing basis)
- Supporting Jeep with driver is included only if there is 5 people in the group etc
- Lunch and dinner in while staying Kathmandu, beverage, entry fee, world heritage site entry fee,
- Travel rescue, insurance, Motorbike insurance,
- Tips for Guide and Mechanics, Bike gears, International tickets,
- Nepali visa fee,
- Bar bills, Repair charge for any physical damage on motorbikes, Personal expenses etc
- Trip Itinerary can be changed according to your request. & Please bring Valid driving
license from your country or international driving license, both works here.
- We suggest to bring your own complete motorcycle gear (helmet, boots, gloves, suit incl.
- We suggest to bring your personal travel insurance, medical insurance,
- Please follow the tour leader’s instructions.
- Please take care of your own equipment’s and motorbike. City motorbike will not be responsible for any lost of equipment costs for
Please write us at email@example.com for costing details for the trip.